Today is June 9th. Well, you’re reading this on Friday, June 10th, because I wrote this post yesterday. I’m literally speaking to you from the past. This week I have been making excuses. Back a long time ago, on this blog I checked in once a week with goals. I felt this helped me make changes in my life. I know this might be boring for some of you dear readers, but it might also inspire you to make your own goals and live by them.
Back at the end of April, I ran a half-marathon. I think some of you might remember that. And then I lost my exercise mojo. I hated running after that dang half. I didn’t want to take another step. I didn’t want to run another mile or two, but definitely not LONG runs. Thinking about running 8, 9, or 10 miles gave me anxiety. I threw myself back into yoga and Glide, and I went to a few other classes at the Y. Then I started cleaning out my closets. And eating…a lot. And I gained weight. Imagine that. But at first, I lost weight which was weird and confusing. Then I gained 5 lbs this week. In one week. Hopefully that’s water weight, but gees. It takes me so long to get it off that standing on the scale and looking at that number made me want to vomit in my mouth
a little a lot.
So I decided today was the day to make goals. And I will do this every Friday for the upcoming week. Friday seems like a good day, because it’s the day I weigh myself and actually believe the scale (I weigh myself almost daily, because it helps with maintenance but Friday is the day of truth). Also, it allows me to set my goals for the week ahead and not fall off the wagon if I play around a little bit on the weekends. I was originally taking part in a weekly blog post on Fridays, but I lost that motivation too. Ugh—motivation can be a hard thing to grasp.
Here are my goals this week (and they are weight loss, lifestyle, and writing goals by the way).
- Run 4 miles on Friday, June 10th
- Run 6 miles on Saturday, June 11th. Try to keep up with my running partner who has suddenly become a speed demon.
- Sunday is a day of rest (I think this was duly noted somewhere thousands of years ago)
- Glide on Monday, Yoga Tuesday, Glide Wednesday, Thursday short run, start over Friday
Food , Drink, Weight
- No alcohol on weekdays.
- Eat more fruits and veggies
- Less chocolate
- No chips from my chip-pusher James.
- Strive to lose 1 lb per week until I hit my goal weight (12 lbs to lose)
- Write every day – I’m done with setting word limits, because sometimes I do less and sometimes I do more, but I find creativity flows better when I write at least a little bit every day. Blogs count too.
Those are my goals for the upcoming week. What are yours?
Follow Lauren Greene: