It’s been awhile. I have had a lot going on in my life. All good things, really.
Here’s an itemized list of my month of August
- Kids started school. On August 6th. I mean, why? Super early. But, honestly, the routine has been good for them.
- Hubby went out of town and came back on August 6th. Then he went out of town on August 15th for a week. This meant I had to go it all alone (with some help from my awesome mom and my awesome niece).
- I started a new job on August 15th. Did you notice how that coincided with Hubby going out of town? Yeah, perfect timing! HA
- My sister came into town to visit. I spent almost every night hanging out with her, except when she went to see Phish with my husband.
- My sister and I drove up to see my other sister one weekend.
- We went to the beach.
- There were about 12,000 back-to-school nights, PTA meetings, and one conference.
I love my new job. I’m no longer in banking. I’m in education. And I’m working for a non-profit, which is seriously awesome and I feel more fulfilled in my life. That’s super important for me, I think. It took me a long time to make a leap out of the safety of my banking job, but I think I did it at the right time. I ultimately feel happier and more satisfied.
I promise to start writing a weekly blog. I will be continuing my race series, and adding some short stories. Maybe one of these days I’ll have time to work on my novel again.
But for now, I just wanted to say hi and that I’m around even though I’ve been quiet. August is just an insanely busy month.
Follow Lauren Greene: