It’s been a rather crazy week in the world of the Greenes. Once school starts, everything seems to take off with super hero speed. But I’ve actually been productive this week too besides scrambling just to get everything done.
Here’s what’s been taking up my time and dragging me away from my readers at my lovely blog:
1.Editing my newest piece of Southern Fiction (Southern thriller, maybe?) Little Birdhouses. I finished Chapter 5 yesterday. Slow going, but I’m finally on a schedule.
2. Trying to figure out how to eat a Dairy Queen ice cream, take a “groupie” of me and the boys, and not include my hand in the photo (I still need work on this).
3. Putting together a newsletter for you lovely people to read. You can sign up at http://eepurl.com/bo4ILP. (Also, FYI the little monkey round button at the bottom of each of my posts is a newsletter sign-up). Next one goes out 8/31/15
4. Hanging at the playground with some fun peeps:
5. Writing loads of flash fiction at Finish That Thought, Micro Bookends, and Flash!Friday. Never winning, although I do have a knack for taking the special challenge winner. My day will come, I tell you!
6. Dealing with a sick Kindergartner and driving three kids to three different activities plus a day job, coordinating babysitters, and trying to figure out who is going to cook dinner.
7. Writing a Southern Literature novel with no name. How I wish I could find a name for the dang thing, but at least the words are flowing.
8. Trying to figure out Reddit so I can entertain my readers on September 20th:
9. Exercising to burn a few calories (more news soon about a collaborative Healthy Writer piece!)
10. Drinking lots of wine so I can consume the calories I just burned off.
That’s my life in a nutshell right now. Crazy busy. I’m thinking organization, calendars, and scheduling might be of use to me. These have never been my strong points, but I’m making a change (or trying to). I’m also trying to be more productive, because there is literally no time to procrastinate!
How you doing? What’s been going on in your world lately?
Did you know I wrote a book, and you have a chance to win a free copy but HURRY, because the winners will be picked on 8/31/15.
Follow Lauren Greene: